Donald Trump will win the 2016 United States Presidential Election
If Donald Trump is announced by the press as the winner of the 2016 US Presidential Election, this bet resolves as Yes.
Otherwise, this bet resolves as No.
Bitcoin to top 1000 USD before January 2017
The price of one Bitcoin in USD will rise over $1000 before January 1st, 2017 as per Bitstamp.
If the time difference between a given "Yes" bet time and the event time is less than two weeks, that bet will be refunded minus BitBet's fee.
Should Bitstamp have failed or gone rogue, a suitable replacement resolution source shall be determined by BitBet Mods.
Bitcoin difficulty over 280B before 2017
Bitcoin main network difficulty will be over 280 billion strictly before January 1st 2017 GMT.
Should the resolution event occur early, all bets received (where "received" means "included in a block") after the event will be refunded, minus BitBet's fee.
Deeply flawed US election system to fail again in 2017
If the next US president is elected without actually winning a majority of all popular ballots cast, this contract resolves as YES.
Elaboration: in the deeply flawed US election system, it is possible for a president to be elected when more than half of the voters vote against him or her. This happened for example in the 2000 US presidential election.
This contract resolves to YES if this happens again in the 2017 US presidential election.
The resolution source shall be http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/electionresults.shtml
More details on the broken US election system can be found at fairvote.org .
BitBet reserves the right to wait until any ambiguity or uncertainty is lifted before this contract is settled.
Hillary Clinton indicted before January 1st 2017
If Hillary Rodham Clinton, currently running for president of the U.S.A., gets formally indicted on or before January 1st 2017, this bet resolves as YES.
Should the event occur prior to the January 1st 2017 deadline, betting will close immediately. All bets received (where "received" means "included in a block") after betting closes will be refunded, minus BitBet's fee.
Gold to trade above USD 1400 per ounce in 2016
The bet is that one troy ounce of gold will trade at or above USD 1400 on or before December 31 2016, as per goldprice.org .
Should the event take place before December 31 2016 all bets received (where "received" means "included in a block") after the event OR within one week before the event will be considered void and will be refunded minus BitBet's fee.
Bitcoin Block Larger Than 1Mb to be mined in 2016
If a bitcoin block strictly larger than 1000000 bytes (1 MB) gets mined on the main chain and subsequently receives more than 100 confirmations before December 31st 2016 at midnight GMT included, this bet resolves as "Yes".
For any other outcome, including but not limited to the event "Block Larger Than 1MB gets mined but gets orphaned before receiving 100 confirmations", this bet resolves as "No".
Should a block strictly larger than 1Mb get mined, betting will close immediately and all bets received after the event (where "received" means "bet transaction gets one confirmation on the bitcoin network") will be refunded, minus BitBet's fee.
Should the outcome of this bet somehow be contentious, for example if two independent forks of the blockchain should develop, the BitBet admin team will adjudicate the outcome of the bet, including a potential full refund (minus BitBet's fee) if the two forks happen to have about equivalent mining power working on them.
Addendum 1: "block size" is defined to be the total number of bytes included in a block, (including any "witness data" included in the block if the segregated data soft fork happens to launch by then).
Addendum 2: we have clarified the early closing conditions: betting will close as soon as a block larger than 1Mb is mined, not after 100 confirmations.
2nd nation to decide to exit EU before Jan 1st
Before January 1st 2017, a nation besides the UK that is currently a full member of the European Union will choose to leave the European Union.
More precisely: if, prior to January 1st 2017, any full member country of the European Union, as detailed in the list below, either holds a successful exit referendum or executes any binding policy (parliamentary action, monarch decree, or even a decree by military coup) that would lead the nation to invoke Article 50 in the Treaty of Lisbon for withdrawing from the European Union, this bet resolves to YES.
If there is no additional binding policy or successful exit referendum before 1 January 2017, this bet resolves to NO.
Should the event take place before December 31 2016 all bets received (where "received" means "included in a block") after the event will be refunded, minus BitBet's standard fee.
Note that the text of the bet is the binding contract whereas the title is just a summary.
Should the outcome be somehow ambiguous, the final deciding authority lies with the BitBet admin team.
Full EU member nations:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
Bitcoin to set new ATH in 2016
If, at any time in 2016 (GMT time) Bitcoin trades strictly above USD 1163 on Bitstamp this contract resolves as YES.
Should the resolution event occur early, all "YES" bets received within a 10 days period prior to the event will be refunded, minus BitBet's standard fee.
Should Bitstamp become unavailable, a suitable replacement shall be determined by the BitBet Mods.
Gary Johnson wins at least 1 Electoral College vote
This contract resolves as YES if in the 2016 Presidential Election, Gary Johnson wins at least 1 Electoral College vote from any state at any time.
- Anonymous posted in: NXT to trade below 2500 Satoshis before October 1st It has been 10 days since this bet was settled. Still no payout. If you want returning customers, you should improve on speed.
- Anonymous posted in: Bitcoin difficulty over 280B before 2017 Nice bet 1BmE1, you got balls
- double-check posted in: Dow above USD 18000 on September 30th 2016 http://dpaste.com/2SS461X
- Anonymous posted in: Dow above USD 18000 on September 30th 2016 Market opened above 18K, resolves as "YES".
- Anonymous posted in: S&P 500 to drop under 1500 before February 2017 Well if the Donald gets elected thats very possible I think.
- Anonymous posted in: Donald Trump will win the 2016 United States Presidential Election #6621, you can answer your own question easily. Just start a new contract with your own weighting scheme and fund it properly. The odds may be better than the current contract, but the pot will initially be way smaller.
Anonymous posted in: Hillary Clinton wins Ohio
Money where your mouth is #6533 and #6594.
1/1 odds or better on her not to win OH
Noob posted in: Donald Trump will win the 2016 United States Presidential Election
Is there a point where this wagers weight is so low it disincentives people from betting anymore?
is it appropriate to start a new wager on a shorter timeline? since the election is still close would it be a more attractive wager on both sides?
LATEST BETS PLACED
- Gary Johnson wins at least 1 Electoral College vote 0.01635617 BTC on No - 3 hours 57 minutes ago
- Deeply flawed US election system to fail again in 2017 0.30000000 BTC on Yes - 8 hours 15 minutes ago
- Donald Trump wins Florida 0.30000000 BTC on No - 8 hours 48 minutes ago
- Bitcoin difficulty over 280B before 2017 22.00000000 BTC on Yes - 10 hours 48 minutes ago
- Donald Trump will win the 2016 United States Presidential Election 0.50000000 BTC on No - 11 hours 28 minutes ago
- Deeply flawed US election system to fail again in 2017 2.50000000 BTC on Yes - 11 hours 44 minutes ago
- There will be a tropical cyclone named 'Nicole' in 2016 1.00000000 BTC on Yes - 12 hours 2 minutes ago
- Deeply flawed US election system to fail again in 2017 1.00000000 BTC on No - 14 hours 36 minutes ago